One adorable sight every lady loves seeing is when a man with all his manly ego and masculinity leaves everything aside for a moment, goes down on one knees in front of his lady, brings out a diamond crusted ring and utters those four sweet and romantic words – “Will you marry me?” Every lady loves this moment, it is magical, the romance in it is unexplainable and it’s like a dream come true.
Some ladies in Ashanti Region has shared their views with explanation what they will consider before saying yes to the ring.
- God Fearing: A God fearing spouse is very precious, and husbands married to wives who are totally in love with God are blessed, and vice – versa. When God is the one whom the husband pursues more than any other, his wife find herself secured, loved and cherished more than any other person on earth.
- Background Check: When they are married, they might wonder whether there’s a way to minimize the risk of their marriage ending in divorce. Some couples try living together in order to learn the intimate details of each other’s lives and as a test run for marriage. Premarital background check aren’t for everyone, but if you suspect that your partner is hiding something, whether it’s a past relationship or criminal charge, you may want to learn a little more about who you’re marrying.
- Financial Stability: Most women always kick against guys that are not financial stability but it also doesn’t mean they should sign your death certificate and enter a marriage headed for poverty. Which is as a husband you must be able to pay the bills at least, even if you can’t afford most things at that point.
- Loving and Caring: This is the main factor ladies look forward to before accepting the ring, the question is does he love you genuinely? Can he go extra mile for your sake? You have to be sure the man you are about to say yes to, is honest with you, with his words and his actions. If he’s deceitful to you in the course of the relationship then you shouldn’t expect anything better when you bear his name.
- How Ready Their Partners Are: Marriage is different from relationship, you might be ready for a relationship but you might not be ready for marriage, to have a successful marriage, you should be willing to take a lot of sacrifices and if you aren’t ready for those sacrifices then you absolutely aren’t ready for marriage.
- Trust For Each Other: When you don’t trust your partner, that’s when your partner is good or bad. This should be an obvious one, but for whatever reason, if you still see people moving forward from dating to marriage despite having doubts or suspicious about their partners. Just don’t do it. Clear the air about whatever it is that troubles you, and if you aren’t satisfied with the answer, then you probably never will be.
- A position of Responsibility: God has placed the husband in the position of responsibility. It does not matter what kind of personality a man may have. Your wife may be resisting you, fighting you, and spurring your attempts to lead, but it makes no difference. I believe your wives want you and need you to lead. You are not demanding this position on the contrary, God placed you there. You will not lead her perfectly, but you must care for your wife and family by serving them.
- How Important is Sex to You: Couples today expert to remain sexually excited by their spouse, an expectation that did not exist in the past. A healthy relationship will include discussion of what partners enjoy about sex as well as how often they expect to have it.
- Do You Have Someone Else: You have to sort yourself out before you say yes to a man, and the dilemma of being married and still in love with someone else is one that you should avoid. If he isn’t the only one your heart is set for then you shouldn’t hurriedly say yes else you would successfully start a journey where the end point would be total fatality.
Kindly listen to interviews below:
You might be wondering if you should think all these things through within a split second before saying yes, that really shouldn’t be the case, all these factors should be evaluated while the relationship is still ongoing, you don’t have to wait till he brings out a ring.
With proper evaluation of these factors, you would know if you’re ready and he’s ready too. Rushing into marriage with him might be too risky as divorce might loom about that marriage not too long after if you aren’t careful.